Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Mosey On Home

You always say walk. Why not use stroll, amble, wander, meander, mosey, march, trudge, saunter, or stride? English is pretty wonderful in its richness and nuance. Do you appreciate the fact that we can differentiate between walking confidently and walking with a purpose without using a single adjective?! I do. Spanish offers us several options as well; for example, you can caminar, patear, recorrer, pasear, or marchar. Today I challenge you refresh and broaden the range of words you employ. Let's ditch our habitual words and phrases and challenge our brains and tongues. Add some synonyms to my list in either English or Spanish...or get a new one going!

4 comments:

  1. I shall endeavor to enunciate my english to an elevated capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely use saunter today! In addition to just now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I don't know, George. Swagger might be more appropriate for you...

    ReplyDelete